Oklahoma State University (B.S.), 2003
Oklahoma City University of Law (J.D.), 2006
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2007
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2007
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2016
Municipal Litigation & Appeals
Substandard Building Enforcement
Land Use and Zoning
Fire, EMS and Law Enforcement
Professional Associations and Memberships:
State Bar of Texas
- Currently serves as City Attorney for the City of Glenn Heights, Mobile City and the Town of Scurry.
- Currently serves as secondary City Attorney for the cities of Allen, Coppell, DeSoto, Double Oak, Lucas, Farmers Branch and Richardson.
- Serves as Special Litigation Counsel for the cities of Gainesville, Sanger and Taylor.
- Frequent speaker on a variety of subject matters affecting municipalities, including building standards, law enforcement, land use and zoning matters.
- Certified Law Enforcement Instructor for the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (T.C.O.L.E.)
- Successfully represented several municipalities in high-profile civil litigation, including cases for wrongful termination, condemnation, breach of contract, economic development and unlawful takings claims.
Mainka v. Mitchusson, 135 P.3d 842 (Ok. Civ. App. 2006)